You’ve decided to buy a FURminator for your dog, but he’s a pretty small pup – what size FURminator do you need? With the FURminator Short Hair DeShedding Tool – Dogs (Extra Small) line of pet brushes you are sure to get the correct size.
Choosing the Size That’s Right for Your Dog
When choosing a FURminator there are a few things you need to take into consideration, the size of your pet, and the length of their fur.
Because you have a small dog you are probably wondering if the smallest FURminator will work for you. The smallest FURminator for dogs (XS) is sized for dogs that are 10 lbs (4.5 kgs) or smaller, and comes in both long and short hair configurations.
The FURminator DeShedding Brush comes colour coded for your convenience to help you choose the correct brush. The Extra Small (XS) dog brush is coloured a shade of light green.
Long Hair or Short?
Determining the correct tine length for your dog is simple:
The Toy Short Hair Dog FURminator DeShedding Tool is specifically designed for dogs up to 10 lbs. and with coats shorter than 2 inches (5.1 cms).
The Toy Long Hair Dog FURminator DeShedding Tool is specifically designed for dogs up to 10 lbs. and with coats longer than 2 inches (5.1 cms).
- Stainless steel deShedding edge reaches through topcoat to safely and easily remove loose hair and undercoat
- FURejector button releases hair with ease
- Ergonomic handle for comfort and easy use
- Remove loose hair without damaging the coat or cutting the skin when used as directed
- deShedding tool for extra small dogs with long hair